Last updated: October 13, 2020
For more info please click on the sections below:
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we will track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- The contents of your cart while browsing
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order
We may also collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.
We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information” and collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select „Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Yandex Metrica cookies – these are set for monitoring and tracking visitors behavior on the site.
- WordPress logged-in cookies – these are used by WordPress to authenticate logged-in visitors, password authentication, and user verification.
- WooCommerce cookies – these are used by WooCommerce to properly provide store functionality such as adding products to basket and completing checkout.
- WPML cookies – these are used by WPML to serve the Site in different languages.
- Limit Login Attempts cookies – this is used by the Limit login attempts plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site and use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We accept payments through PayPal and direct bank/wire transfer. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal or our bank, Société Générale, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Information submitted through the contact form on our site is sent to our company email, hosted on our servers. We keep these submissions to respond to inquiries about our products and/or services. They are never used for marketing purposes or shared with any third parties.
Information submitted through our Newsletter form on our site is sent to dotdigital. dotdigital adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here. These submissions are used for marketing purposes such as to notify you of new products or promotional offers. We do not share this information with any third parties.
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you choose to leave a comment (product reviews will also be considered a ‘’comment” for the purposes of this policy), the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the Personal Information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records (for the mandatory 10 years required by the French tax authorities) unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We protect customer data with the following site features:
- We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout the Site. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
- Sensitive data (such as passwords) are encrypted before being stored in our database
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted (GDPR law May 25th, 2018). If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
SARL Les Editions Pilule Rouge